Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Gyoza Oriental Cuisine Restaurant at Menara Anugrah Kuningan - Jakarta

When you read the title of this post, you must have thought that I am going to post a review of a Japanese Restaurant. Well don't judge the book by its cover because even though the name of the restaurant is Gyoza, this is a Chinese restaurant.
This restaurant has been around for at least 25 years because I have been a regular ever since I was a small kid. The restaurant was located in Blok M Area before they closed down around 12 years ago. Since my big family has been a regular of this restaurant, we kinda felt sad when we knew they were closed down and we thought they are closed for good. However, around 8 years ago a relatives told us that the restaurant reopened around Kuningan area and we have been a regular again ever since.
Whenever we go to this restaurant, usually we just ordered the same dish over and over again.

Sambal Mixture My Way (Free)
So the way I mix it is adding a fair amount of garlic, top it with the chili sauce, add a little bit of sesame oil and voila. Some people add a little bit of vinegar but I think my sambal mixture is the right amount of everything. You will use this mixture as dipping sauce for gyoza, mantau, or pouring it over your noodle works too.

Mantau Steam (IDR10K++/mantau)
So basically they are tasteless mantau but they serve as a wrapper for the ayam jamur, cap cay and sapi tumis.

Ayam Jamur (IDR105K++)
One of my favorite dish ever! This dish does not have any special quality and surely it taste like home cooked food, but  anyone who tried this dish will go back for this chicken. Combine it with mantau and sambal mixture and it will be fiesta. One of the thing that I miss when I was in the US.

Cap Cay (IDR 105K++)
Stir Fry Combination of veggies, seafood, and chicken meat. The taste is very light so if you like stronger taste, just dip the cap cay into the sambal mixture.

Sapi Tumis Bawang Putih dan Daun Bawang ( IDR 125k++)
If you like garlic, onion, and spring onion, then you will like this dish. They taste quite okay, and the more you eat it, the more you like it.

Ca Jiang Mien ( IDR 90K++)
If you like salty stuff, this noodle is made for you. I used to call it Chinese Spaghetti because the way to consume this dish is quite similar to spaghetti. I do not really like this noodle as it is, and I will add a lot of sambal into this dish to make them taste better. But combined with the sambal, this dish is one of my favorite stuff in the world.

Gyoza Goreng (IDR80K++/10pcs)
I think this dish is more like kuo tie compared to Japanese Gyoza. The skin is very crunchy and the filling is super juicy. They taste really nice but beware because it is very hot when it just come out of the kitchen. One of the best kuo tie/gyoza in town.


If you read my review, you might think I am very biased towards this restaurant. It might be true, because I grew up with this restaurant and I have consumed the food served in restaurant ever since I was a kid. But lemme tell you that you are missing one hell of a restaurant if you do not consider giving a try to this restaurant. During the weekend, you will spot a lot of families having their family Sunday lunch in this restaurant and during the weekdays, this place is packed with Japanese and Mainland Chinese.
This restaurant offers many other food and I have seen a lot of people order their hotpot, but for my family, throughout the years, the food that we order stays the same.

Gyoza Oriental Cuisine Restaurant
Address: Menara Anugrah
               Kantor Taman E 3.3, Unit C7
               Jl. Mega Kuningan Lot 8.6-8.7
Phone   :(021) 57942290

No comments:

Post a Comment