Sunday, June 21, 2015

Bistro Garcon at Plaza Senayan Jakarta

Turns out the my dinner at Unacho did not take as long as what I have thought and I still have some time to enjoy some dessert so I rushed to Bistro Garcon to enjoy some dessert. I ordered Chamomile Tea to tone down the sweetness of the cake.

Babel (40k++)
Just like the name, this entremet is towering high with chocolate sponge and banana mousse as its base and macaron on top of the cake. I should say this cake taste really decent but does not give any wow effect. You will like it, but imo, this cake is not really that special in terms of flavor combination.

Plaisir Sucre (40k++)
If you are comparing this plaisir sucre to Pierre Herme, then you can say it taste similar but there is something you cannot explain that distinguish Plaisir Sucre at Garcon and Pierre Herme. It taste really good though. But just like Babel, it does not give me any surprise in terms of flavor combination.

Bistro Garcon is one of the best cake shop in Jakarta and I should say the quality of the cake is top notch. But once you have tried Sadaharu Aoki, Pierre Herme, Laduree, and some renowned world class pastry shop, the cakes at Garcon is pale in comparison to them. Do not get me wrong though, the quality of the cake here is top tier for Indonesian standard and I really like their cakes a lot. My recommendation on their cakes are Rocher Monaco, Gateau Au Fromage Blanc Passion, and all of their choux products including Eclairs and Religiuse

Bistro Garcon
Address:  Plaza Senayan Lt. 4  
                JL. Asia Afrika No. 08 
                Jakarta Pusat 10270 
Phone   : (021)57900140


No comments:

Post a Comment