Monday, June 22, 2015

Gandy Steak House at Menteng Jakarta

Man, I have not been to Gandy for so long. Gandy was my favorite restaurant back when I was still a kid. Many years ago, Gandy was one of the few steak houses (and the only one I knew) in Jakarta because there has not been many other steak houses back then. Looking back, I think Gandy has been in Jakarta steak industry for more than 20 years.
I am more than delighted that they have not changed their decors since there are many sweet memories in Gandy for me. Other than that, the food is really good too. Although the food is not mind blowing, but certainly you will miss it after a while.

Complimentary Dinner Rolls and Gandy Special Salad Bar (42k++)
Lemme tell you that Gandy has the best dinner rolls in town. The bread is so soft and tasty. My favorite way to consume the bread is to dip it into the salad dressing. The dressing and the croutons is one of my favorite things in Gandy.

Gandy Beef Package - Steak ala Gandy (128k++)
Don't touch the plate because it is very hot. The waiters will pour their sauce into your steak and the sauce will sizzle and create a really nice aroma to please your nose. It comes with french fries, soup of your choice, mixed veggies, and pickled shallots.

   Combination Steak Package - Gandy Steak Combination (128k++)
It consist of tenderloin and chicken steak. Both are nicely cooked. Same as Gandy Beef package, it comes with french fries, soup of your choice, mixed veggies, and pickled shallots.

I am glad the food still taste the same as I have remembered because dining in this restaurant really brought back some good childhood memories. The food is really decent, but please do not expect the steak to be cooked as nicely as fine dining steak house like Angus House. After my visit today, I have decided to go here more frequently because it is quite affordable for a decent steakhouse and the food and service is really good too. I might try their other food next time because I think I keep ordering same dishes every time I go here.

Gandy Steak House
Address:   JL. HOS Cokroaminoto No. 90, Menteng 
                Jakarta Pusat 10310
Phone   : (021)3102542

No comments:

Post a Comment