Saturday, June 20, 2015

Pecel Madiun and Sate Ponorogo - Jakarta (Cikini)

Growing up in Indonesia, I, just like many if not most Indonesian, am in love with this dish called satay (sate). Sate is very popular in Indonesia and it is one of the "must have" dish for Indonesian Restaurants. There are many variation of sate all around Indonesia, but the most common way to serve sate is grilling the sate and coating the sate with peanut sauce, which is one of the reason of my addiction towards sate.  
Today, I am going to share you my favorite Satay Joint. I have always been referring to this place as Sate Ponorogo until my friend corrected me a while back. The real name of this restaurant is "Hadir" and it is located in Cikini area. I have been a regular to this restaurant since 2001 because it is close to my house and my school.
The restaurant's specialty is their pecel madiun, sate ponorogo, and rawon. I usually just order their sate ponorogo and pecel madiun simply because I do not like rawon.
Pecel Madiun
I am biased towards anything with peanut sauce so I am not gonna comment too much on this one. 
Speaking from nutrition though, since it is full of vegetables I assume it is healthy.


Sate Ponorogo
One of my favorite variation of sate. The sauce is little bit sweeter and creamier compared to Sate Madura and the sate itself is so tender, juicy, and full of flavor.

Other thing I like about this restaurant is the cost of the food. Earlier this week, just before the fasting period, and my food only cost me Rp.60k++ for Pecel Madiun, Sate Ponorogo, and tea. Very affordable if you are tight on budget. Please note that sate ponorogo is made entirely of white meat, so it can be an alternative sate for those of you who are on diet. Sate ponorogo is good by itself and if you think the peanut sauce is too high on calories you can just consume the sate by itself
This restaurant is very clean but it does not have air conditioner and is very modest in appearance. If you prefer to do takeaway, as of lately I have seen many Go-Jek officers doing takeaway for their clients from this restaurant so feel free to do so.

Rumah Makan Hadir

Address: Jl Rp Soeroso No. 34, Gondangdia 
               Jakarta Pusat, 
               Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 131140 
Phone   : (021) 3106792

No comments:

Post a Comment